I’m a breast of that

posted on 12 Feb 2019 in Signs

Photo courtesy of Dasol Lee.
Found in Kyoto, Japan.

From the bosom of my heart

For all the fun potatoes

Two’s company, three’s a crowd.

– Have you seen Titty ?
    – Yes, I think she’s window dressing.

Hello Titty!

Better a Titty in the hand than two in the bush.

Co? Short for cooch?

They donate to the Community Chest.

Hey, nice racks!

Sure, I’ll buy 2, but can I have 10% ON instead?!

A Tale of Two Titties.

@Running Comment | 4:49 am: By Charlies Dickens.

@DnT 5.07am:

I think you’ll find it was written by Edmund Welles…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCM2nEBE0RY

@Running Comment | 5:43 am: I had forgotten that sketch! I think I have a copy of that album somewhere.

Whew! Sure glad that “& Co.” was there.
    For a minute I thought there was going to be only one of them!

They’re tops in my books.

That’s one place you would not mind a D rating.

Hope they have ample room for expansion.

My cup runneth over.

(I’m going to milk this for all its worth.)

I heard they went bust.

a subsidiary of Tiffany & Co!

Come to Tiffany for your Titty!

@ DnT 5.49 am:

Actually, listening to it again, it appears he’s saying: “A Sale of Two Titties”, which would be more appropriate in this case.

20. Long Tom | 8:37 am |

Dirty old men welcome!

21. EffEff | 9:58 am |

Keep those T-birds flying.

22. James | 10:43 am |

Shades of Swallows and Amazons.

Yup. Most young Asian ladies have titties. But who cares? Anything more than will fit between your lips, is wasted.

The shop made a sale of:

Two titties
    Some crumpet
    Two Buns
    One Map of Tasmania
    A swallow

Breakfast at Tittanys.

Which, incidentally, seems like a great idea.

It is actually mildly amusing, after having seen many breasts, both black and white, to see titties, which look like little cones with nipples on them.

But then you realise, that they come with a whole package, which is absolutely scrumptious.

28. James | 1:41 pm |

This place is the tits

29. algernon | 1:59 pm |

For all the fun bags

30. Pete | 3:16 pm |

@Marum 12:18,

The version I heard is:
    “More than a mouthful’s just too much!”

31. Pete | 3:43 pm |

@Marum 12:34,

My list would differ slightly:

Two medium sized juicy lemons
    Two medium sized yet nicely rounded buns
    Fish taco with bearded clam
    With a rain check for a pregnancy test kit later
    😉

(BTW…what on EARTH is the crumpet supposed to represent???!!!)

@Pete 1543. Old English term. “A little bit of Crumpet”

Britishism for: 1. Or: a nice bit of crumpet , a sexually desirable woman or one regarded as a sex object. 2. Or: a piece of crumpet , sexual intercourse, based on the standard sense of the word, a soft bread that resembles a muffin.

@Pete
    Once again. We are two countries separated by a common language.

Or should that be, “uncommon language”.

34. Pete | 6:24 pm |

@Marum 5:24,

Indeed.

Once you wrote “muffin” I smacked my forehead.
    With that, crumpet made perfect sense.

35. Pete | 6:34 pm |

While we’re on topic, I first heard the Aussie slang “Map of Tasmania” and “Mappa Tazzy” in an Aussie film, can’t remember which one. Intrigued, I went to the internet to look for a map of the landmass in question. One quick look and I said to myself “Ohhh…I get it. It DOES kinda look like that, don’t it?”

All you you mates in AUS & NZ can stop laffin’ at the ignorant Yank anytime now…

@Pete. I think we “get” American slang more than you “get’ ours.

Mainly because TV and the internet, is dominated by American examples and shows.

The other day. I was trying to look for an Australian company which did some damn thing. The net supplied me with a veritable avalanche of USA companies, despite the fact, that I specified “Australian”.

This is why most call centres are now based in the Philippines – because they speak “American English”. The Indians speak “British English”, and even though we find their accent very broad, the poor yanks don’t have a clue what they are on about.

BTW. Just musing the other day. Between we regular poster to this page, we must have a grasp of most languages on the face of this earth. Many of us – while not being fluent – have a working grasp of three or four, at least.

Using myself as an example – English, (native) German and Espanol, (un poco, nur mäßig gut) Tokpisin and Motuan (PNG_Tokpisin abt 75%, Motuan almost lost) and I am learning Tagalog.

Without trying to blow smoke up anyone’s ar$e, I think many of us would fit a similar profile linguistically. I think most of us are here, not because of feelings of superiority, but because languages and the many stuff ups, which we, and others have produced, do genuinely amuse us.

EDIT: Shou’da said “Major languages”.

Speaking of minor languages. I had the opportunity recently, of learning some Xhosa. After it took me the better part of an hour to pronounce “Xhosa” fluently, without first having to arrange m mouth and m teeth, I reconsidered.

I figured that if I studied it diligently for 200 years, I would probably achieve a moderate degree of incompetence. So I abandoned the project.

Map of Tassie.

@Running Comment | 7:33 am: I’m sure that’s what he says.

BTW, I think “he” is the late Marty Feldman, and the recording may be from a Python-precursor show called “At Last the 1948 Show”.
    Either that, or it’s Graham Chapman doing a pretty good Feldman impersonation.

@Marum | 8:09 pm: Never been tempted to try speaking Xhosa. for fear that it might make my tonsils grow back!